National Mental Health Resources
National Resources for the Bleeding Disorders Community:
- Hemophilia Federation of America’s Mental Health Resources. General national mental health resources, crisis hotlines, specific mental health resources for the bleeding disorder community, and supportive information for various groups of individuals, including; BIPOC, caregivers, self-care, and COVID-19 specific mental health care.
- The Emotional and Psychological impact of Living with a Bleeding Disorder. (From the National Hemophilia Foundation’s Steps for Living).
- Bloodstream Podcast. Bringing education and inspiration to those living with rare and chronic diseases.
- Just Got Diagnosed. Resources for individuals recently diagnosed with chronic and catastrophic medical conditions, their caregivers, and loved ones. Information provided by Dr. Gary McClain, a recent NEHA presenter who is a recognized expert in understanding the emotional reactions to medical diagnosis.
- Mental Health Matters Too. List of national mental health hotlines, information for mental health care & bleeding disorder resources, apps & suggested reading, etc.
- Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) Resources.
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services. National resources to find treatment, link to services.
- Mental Health Hotlines.
- Info and Referral for Mental Health Care (on pages 1 and 2).
- Raising Awareness and Decreasing Stigma (on page 3).
General Resources to Find Therapist: