The Helping Hands Program exists for the sole purpose of providing emergency financial assistance to those persons who have been physically, emotionally, and financially affected by a blood coagulation disorder.
Through grants, fundraising, and direct gifts this program aims:
- Address quality of life issues
- Assist in emergency crisis situations deemed reasonably by the Committee
- Ensure that the application and assistance process is both minimally invasive and confidential
- Person with a bleeding disorder, or a person financially dependent on the head of a household of a person with a bleeding disorder
- Living within the geographical service area of GHA
- Funding shall not exceed $500 per calendar year per household
- Amount approved may be based on availability of funds
- Applicant must provide copies of bills, invoices or other documentation regarding the request. Funds will only be released for a specific, known emergency need
- Applicants are eligible to apply for funds every other year or ONCE every 731 days. For example, a person who most recently applied for assistance in January 2018 will be eligible to apply for funds in January 2020.
- Provide funding for emergency crisis and/or other medically necessary services or situations, related to the individual’s or family member’s bleeding disorder
- The applicant must have a referral to the Helping Hands Program Coordinator from a Helping Hands Eligible Referrer, **which could be from one of the following:
Physician, Nurse, or Social Worker from a Hemophilia Treatment Center
Representative from a National, Regional, State, or Local Bleeding Disorder Organization
Homecare Representative of the Applicant
The Committee will not base decision on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Any questions contact the GHA office at (314)482-5973 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Helping Hands Application complete and return application to email@example.com
Dental Application complete and return application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are struggling, follow the links below for a list of food pantries in Missouri and Illinois.